The Black Rose - Game Project

This was the third and final game project I was a part of during my studies at Future Games.

The Black Rose is a narrative-driven, athmospheric horror game made in seven weeks in Unity.
My main role for this project was character artist, but also as a supportive environment artist.

I am very proud and excited to say that our game has received four Swedish Game Awards nomination (best art, best narrative, best techical execution and best audio!

Menu neon signs modeled by me.

Menu neon signs modeled by me.

One of the characters I was responsible for was the passed out man in the bar.

One of the characters I was responsible for was the passed out man in the bar.

Later on in the game, the passed out guy returns, facing a painting. Due to some technical problems, I had to make two different models for the same character.

Later on in the game, the passed out guy returns, facing a painting. Due to some technical problems, I had to make two different models for the same character.

The evil presence of this game, Roseanne, was also created by me. If you want to see more her in more detail, please check out my other project: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/QzYKm3

The evil presence of this game, Roseanne, was also created by me. If you want to see more her in more detail, please check out my other project: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/QzYKm3

Models used in the game. In early prodcuction, we did not plan on animate him, so decimation tool was used in Zbrush to create the low poly. Due to the nature of the animations later applied, the low poly was sufficient.

Models used in the game. In early prodcuction, we did not plan on animate him, so decimation tool was used in Zbrush to create the low poly. Due to the nature of the animations later applied, the low poly was sufficient.

TV, register, rose modeled and textured by me.

TV, register, rose modeled and textured by me.

Cocktail neon sign, pickled egg jar and fire alarm modeled and textured by me.

Cocktail neon sign, pickled egg jar and fire alarm modeled and textured by me.

For the last part of the game we wanted to change the atmosphere of the game drastically. I did some research on nasty materials and created a bloody, maggot material in Substance Designer.

For the last part of the game we wanted to change the atmosphere of the game drastically. I did some research on nasty materials and created a bloody, maggot material in Substance Designer.

To make it feel more disgusting, my team mate Vincent Brandt vertex painted the material on the walls and did some animations in the shader.

To make it feel more disgusting, my team mate Vincent Brandt vertex painted the material on the walls and did some animations in the shader.

Bloody maggot material

Bloody maggot material